What kind of trial experience does your firm have?
We have tried hundreds of cases to verdict in the State and Federal Courts in North Carolina—from medical malpractice cases to business and commercial cases with “everything on the line,” and just about any matter in between. We are all seasoned trial attorneys, and each have a lengthy record of court trials.
Do you handle cases that don’t involve court?
Our entire practice is helping clients favorably resolve important disputes. Not all of those resolutions involve going to court. Each case is different. If it is possible to resolve a matter to the satisfaction of the client without going to court, that is preferable. If court is necessary, we have the experience and are ready to take a case to trial.
What are your fees?
Fees vary according to a number of factors—complexity of the case, the nature and length of the work involved, client decisions along the way, and the ultimate resolution of the case. Typically, injury cases are handled on a contingent fee (a percentage of the recovery). We handle most other cases on an hourly basis.
Do you accept referrals?
We understand the benefits of working with fellow attorneys. Western North Carolina has been our home for a long time. We know our neighbors, courts, judges, and juries. We welcome referrals and the opportunity to work as co-counsel on cases.
Our focus is litigation, and we respect and honor existing relationships between our clients and the attorneys who refer clients to us. We also understand and appreciate the confidence and trust that lawyers place in us when they refer a client to us, and we commit ourselves to always deserving that trust.
To what professional associations do you belong?
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association
- 28th Judicial District Bar
- Western North Carolina Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Harry C. Martin Chapter, American Inns of Court
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- American Association for Justice
What professional recognition have you received?
- We are all rated by Martindale Hubbell. This is a rating scale provided by the oldest and most respected peer review organization for lawyers in the United States.
- All lawyers from CLONINGER, BARBOUR, SEARSON, JONES, & CASH PLLC were listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2016.
- We have been recognized by Business North Carolina in respective areas of practice.